The space heater is blamed for a blaze that killed six dogs

0
1
The space heater is blamed for a blaze that killed six dogs

“One handling was put into operation, and the fire was under control in less than 15 minutes,” the post said. “Multiple dogs were housed in the detached garage. Unfortunately, 6 dogs died in the fire.”

In a report Wednesday, the Poughkeepsie Journal said that local fire officials determined that the space heater sparked the fire.

The fire came two days after a malfunctioning space heater was blamed for sparking a massive fire in the Bronx that killed 17 people and injured dozens of others.

Though six dogs perished from the fire, three were rescued by fire officials.News12 New Jersey

Story Highlights

  • Firefighters responding to the two-alarm fire Tuesday doused the flames quickly, but not before the half dozen pups in the garage were killed by the blaze, Arlington Professional Firefighters Local 2393 said in a Facebook post.

  • “However,” the union said, “firefighters rescued 3 dogs, which are now in the care of local animal hospitals.”