The space heater is blamed for a fire that destroyed Shawnee’s home

0
1
The space heater is blamed for a fire that destroyed Shawnee's home

The three adults and two children inside the house escaped without injury, but a cat was killed. The fire department said working smoke alarms alerted the family about the danger.

Shawnee fire investigators determined a space heater in a basement bedroom started the fire. They estimate the fire caused about $350,000 in damages. The victims do have insurance and are staying with family.

Suggest a Correction

Close Modal

Story Highlights

  • Shawnee fire crews responded to a fire in the basement of a home near Johnson Drive and Aminda Street, just east of K-7 around 1:30 a.m. Monday. Flames had already spread from the basement window to the side of the home.

  • Read more local, state and national news on FOX4

Suggest a Correction